02/08/2011

Music: Where I'm At!

As most of you may know, I am an aspiring singer/songwriter. I have been attempting to find my feet and an avenue to press forward with my Musical ambition, with no real success. However... Over the last few months, life has taken a sudden jolt upwards towards success that has pretty much help drag me through the relentless, boring and mundane 'normal' life I am forced to entertain...

I recently signed to GXR (Global Xzotix Records). An ambitious, new, heavily backed by experience and contacts, Independent Music Label. I have finally been recognised and acknowledged for my talents! So far my experience with them has been great in every way. I have learnt more in the last 3 months than I have in my entire life when it comes to Music and the industry in general. My management are proactive, informative, humble, ambitious, confident and extremely hard working. What more could an artist want? We, as a team, have spent every moment of every waking day since my signing, working towards reaching a point where I can worry about nothing but writing and recording Music to present to my loving, affectionate and motivating supporters that have been pushing me since my first YouTube video, and new audiences a like, with the aim of capturing and securing there attention too.

That moment has arrived! I have been recording and getting songs under my belt now and I'm truly struggling with the concept of holding onto my material and keeping it secret! Being so used to uploading everything I do straight to YouTube is a habit, hard to break! I now have actual goals and real targets to work towards with a supportive team behind me helping orchestrate every move I make in this game of Chess I call.... 'MUSIC'! Life is good!

About two months ago my management got me working with a company called 24XII Productions.... This is where things get REALLY interesting. They are a hard working, INCREDIBLY talented, ambitious hardworking group of studio engineers, technicians, musicians, singers, songwriters and producers that behave like there calling in life is to make me and everyone else they seem to work with, feel like they can achieve anything in studio. The material I have been leaving with sometimes has me questioning if I actually pulled off those rifts, or hit those notes! There ability to draw and cultivate confidence and courage out of an artist is unreal. No matter how insecure I feel about a song, melody or arrangement I have put together when I walk into studio, I leave there feeling like we made the absolute best out of what I laid on the table. That is, in my opinion, KEY to an artists progression. I have had my fair share of experiences, feeling like the wind has been kicked out of me after a less than glamourous or encouraging studio session... Thank goodness those days are over. They really can make you question if what you are doing is worth the disappointment, let downs and struggle it takes to achieve in the industry. Its disheartening at the very least.

So all in all, Musically... The future seems bright for me. Lets keep our fingers crossed shall we...? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your future will be bright (Musically)
    You have a really good voice :)

    ReplyDelete