09/05/2011

Nicki Minaj? *Melts* - 'Super Bass' Review


I am OFFICIALLY a Nicki Minaj fan! I have liked her for a long time but I have admittedly... *Looks Left & Right Suspiciously*... Kept it a bit of a secret, purely because I didn't want to be slumped into the 'He is only a fan because she is popular right now' category of trend following sheep. She is undoubtedly talented, in fact, I feel pretty comfortable saying she is more than likely the best Female rapper currently storming the mainstream Music Arena.

Her newest release 'Super Bass' (Video Above) is such a pop chart topper its hard to remember her 'Warning Shot' days & underground mixtapes when she now dances around in a pink wig and leggings so tight I swear I catch a glimpse of her Birth Canal at certain points in the video *Gags*... The song is brilliant, a unique Nicki Minaj-esk version of a Pop/RnB/Rap song. She fuses Genres really well, and if for nothing else, she should be commended for doing so. Nicki is sexy, unique (Although its obvious where her image is derived from)... Intelligent, hungry and talented. Exactly what the Music industry feeds into. I hope she continues her success and is around for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment